The Final Stretch - 9 Days to go

Finally training is over!!! As I complete my last 10 Miles this weekend the next time I prepare for a long run I will be lining up with 40,000 other nervous people from around the country hoping 1) I can get round the 26.2 mile & 2) I don’t need a pee (or worse) 500 yds from the start. I could dedicate a whole blog to running and getting caught short but I wont as some things must remain mysterious!!! What I will add is I always go running with toilet paper now ;)

The stats are in and since finding out I was lucky enough to get in to the marathon on the ballot I’ve run 354 Miles in training probably not as much as I should have but got up to 23 Miles on one training run so I’m hoping that I will be able to get through on determination and sheer bloody mindedness for the last 3.2

So I will be lining up on 22nd April wearing number 2769 and my BF Adventure top with Fly Navy across the back….Had a slight panic at the low number and that their had been a serious error of judgement had put me into the elite runners race!!!! (Luckily I checked they go up to 2650!!)  

Finishing is the key goal but if I can get in under 4Hrs 15Min I will be well chuffed although it looks like a mini heatwave is forecast for the weekend so that could be interesting!!!


So wish me luck and see you on the other side - If anyone can still spare a few pennies for BF Adventure whilst I toil away in the April Sun it would as always be greatly appreciated and thanks to everyone for they support

Comments

Popular Posts